Sumamed suspension - a method of preparation and use
"Sumamed suspension" is an antibiotic thatis a representative of a new group, azalides, and has a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity. This drug is active against Gram-positive bacteria, such as Str. Pyogenes, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Str. agalactiae, Staphylococcus aureus, group C streptococcus, as well as groups F and G, and S. epidermidis. Sumamed suspension does not affect only those Gram-positive bacteria that are resistant to erythromycin. Also, the use of the drug is effective against gram-negative and sensitive anaerobic microorganisms. The drug allows you to fight with intracellular and other microorganisms.
Sumamed suspension is taken orally, whilethere is a rapid and good absorption of it in the digestive tract, after which it spreads through the body. In this case, high concentrations of this antibiotic form in the tissues. Sumamed suspension is slowly withdrawn and has a significant half-life.
Thanks to these properties, apply the drugcan only once a day, the entire course of treatment is 3 days. Removal of the drug occurs unchanged with bile, a small part of it is excreted along with the urine.
Indications for use of sumamed suspension:
- presence of infections of the ENT organs, for example, bacterial pharyngitis, ortonzillitis, otitis media, sinusitis;
- occurrence of respiratory tract infections, including bacterial bronchitis, interstitial and alveolar pneumonia;
-in case of skin infections or soft tissue infections, it can be chronic migrainea of erythema or erysipelas, impetigo or secondary pyodermatosis;
- infections that are sexually transmitted, including complicated and uncomplicated urethritis, which is caused by Chlamydia trachomatis;
- in the presence of infections of the stomach and duodenum, which are caused by Helicobacter pylori.
Sumamed - how to prepare a suspension
This drug is prescribed for children older than 6 months, the dose depends on the weight of the child.
The preparation of the Sumamed suspension has some peculiarities:
- in a bottle, where there is 17 mg of powder,12 mg of dis- ciliated, but also boiled water can be added. After this, the resulting composition is shaken well. This dose will be enough to conduct a course of treatment for a child whose weight does not exceed 13 kg. For reception it is necessary to use a measuring spoon and at one time to use 5 ml of a ready suspension;
- if a child weighs more than 13 kg, it is bettertake "Sumamed Forte", it is different in that in a measuring spoon there is more antibiotic. To prepare the solution in 800 mg of azithromycin, 12 ml of water is added and mixed well. In one measuring spoon, 200 ml of antibiotic, and it is sufficient for the treatment of children, whose weight does not exceed 20 kg;
- if you use a bubble in which 1200 mg of sumamed, then you must add 18 ml of water, while in the same spoon there will be the same amount of antibiotic, just get more medicine.
Preparation of a summed-for-solution solutionInfusion also has its own characteristics. It is carried out in two stages. During the first stage, 4.8 ml of water and 500 mg of azithromycin are mixed, after which the bottle is shaken well. The resulting solution can be stored no more than 24 hours and the storage temperature should not be more than 25 degrees.
In a second step, the resulting solution in an amount of 100 ml is mixed with saline and 5% glucose solution or Ringer's solution.
After obtaining a solution for infusions, it is introducedin the body with the aid of a dropper and the duration of its administration should not be less than 60 minutes. The final solution can be stored for 24 hours at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C and 7 days at 5 ° C.
The introduction of this solution is not assigned to children whose weight did not reach 25 kilograms.