Stomatitis The Child Can not Be Treated Independently
Anxiety, refusal to eat, increasedsalivation, sores on the oral mucosa - all these symptoms can seriously alarm the parents of the baby, and some of them even try to contact the doctor as soon as possible. To worry and in fact there is something about: the described symptoms are stomatitis, signs of a disease affecting the mucous membranes in the mouth, which has several varieties.
What age categories of children affecta problem of stomatitis? What are the reasons for its appearance in the oral cavity? At present, the causes provoking the development of stomatitis have not yet been fully understood, and doctors can only approximately say what it is produced from:
- microorganisms, which are the causative agents of infectious diseases,
- Inadequate oral hygiene,
- changes in the hormonal background,
- malignant tumors.
Stomatitis can occur in absolutely different age groups of children - from infancy to senior school age.
Often, apart from, obviously, a child's stomatitisa serious problem, parents begin to treat it themselves. This is an extremely wrong step, as a result of which the baby can suffer even more. The oral cavity can be rinsed with a decoction of chamomile, calendula or sage to heal ulcers, but if you observe obvious signs of stomatitis in your child, you should urgently consult a doctor. The high temperature for stomatitis in children can accompany the advanced stages of the disease. The doctor determines the child's stomatitis visually, then prescribes the kind of treatment that he deems most appropriate. Consider some of the types:
- Toothpastes that do not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Scientists have found out that this additive, which is present in most toothpastes, can trigger a flare-up of stomatitis.
- Antibacterial therapy - accelerates the healing of wounds, reduces their soreness.
- Anesthetic types of treatment. Help anesthetize the affected areas of mucous membranes.
- Drugs aimed at treating viruses (if the form of herpes stomatitis).
- Immunostimulating agents aimed at activating the body's defenses.
- Healing herbs.
Types of stomatitis, which are especially difficult
- Herpetic stomatitis in a child. With it, malaise, headaches, an increase in temperature up to its critical markings. The disease develops rapidly, and ulcers can appear not only in the oral cavity, but also on the lips and in the nasal passages. In such cases, the baby should be immediately shown to a specialist.
- Ulcer-necrotic stomatitis (a kind of bacterial stomatitis). It is characterized by rather strong pains in the oral cavity, in which even food intake becomes difficult.
To avoid this very unpleasant disease,parents should monitor the implementation of preventive measures, such as oral hygiene of the baby, proper nutrition, sterilization of nipples and toys. If a parent has herpes, then close contact with the baby should be avoided in order to avoid the development of herpetic stomatitis.
Of course, if the doctor diagnosed stomatitis inchild, feeding will be difficult. To avoid such a problem and alleviate the condition of the patient, the doctor may prescribe pain-relieving gels for the oral cavity. For example, such drugs as Holisal, Kamistad, Metrogil Denta, Candide are widely known. Food should be soft, so as not to damage the already fragile mucous, in addition, it will be good to give her baby in a warm form. From the diet it is necessary to exclude juices and sweet dishes, since sugar is a fertile soil for the development of pathogenic bacteria.
Surround the baby with increased attention these days, it will be much easier for him to endure this unpleasant illness, feeling your presence side by side.