Symptoms of stomatitis - an occasion to reflect on your own health
Stomatitis is a number of diseases associated with inflammation of the oral mucosa. This is a rather unpleasant phenomenon, which should be treated as quickly as possible.
The causes of stomatitis in adults:
- Mechanical injuries of the oral mucosa.
- Diseases of the digestive or endocrine system.
- The general decrease in immunity.
I must say that the symptoms of stomatitis differ (depending on the form of the disease). Several varieties of the inflammatory process can be identified.
- The catarrhal form.
The most common form, the cause of which is often the wrong oral hygiene.
- Ulcerative form.
Treatment of this variety is a longer process, and the symptoms of stomatitis are expressed quite clearly.
- Aftoznaya form.
The causative agents are usually viruses and microbes, and the symptoms of stomatitis are expressed in the presence of painful aft, which can be located on the tongue, cheeks, lips.
The most common manifestations of the aphthous form are expressed in:
- Herpetic stomatitis caused by the virus of herpes simplex. It occurs mainly in children, however, adults (especially those under the age of 30) are susceptible to this disease.
- Candidiasis stomatitis (popular name is thrush). The causative agent is Candida fungus.
Symptoms of stomatitis in adults:
- Painful sensations that make themselves felt (especially during meals).
- Occurrence of small ulcers in the oral cavity.
- In some cases there is an increase in temperature.
- Enlargement of lymph nodes (especially characteristic of the herpetic form).
- Unpleasant smell from the mouth (with ulcerous variety).
With thrush, you can identify individual symptoms of stomatitis:
- Dryness and burning in the mouth.
- Formation of a white deposit in the form of curdled deposits.
Diagnosis of the disease
To make a diagnosis,blood and saliva for the purpose of detecting viruses. If the disease is recurrent, then scraping is taken from the surface of ulcers, in some cases an immunogram is prescribed.
Treatment of stomatitis
Whichever form of the disease you suffer,it is advisable to see a doctor. Only he can prescribe drugs that are suitable for your body. Treatment of stomatitis is usually carried out in a complex, combining local and general therapy. To ease the pain, it is possible to treat foci of inflammation with special ointments, the best of which are terbofenic and oxolinic. It is desirable to irrigate the oral cavity with antiseptic solutions. It can be a manganese solution, furatsilinovy.
But, in addition to local treatment, it is necessary to use restorative drugs, the purpose of which is to increase the body's resistance and strengthen immunity.
Traditional medicine will help us
Medicinal herbs, as is known, since ancient timeswere used in the treatment of various diseases. The stomatitis is not an exception. Broths of certain plants can be used to rinse the oral cavity or treat the wound with a cotton swab.
A good healing effect has a daisy. Flowers of this plant should be poured with boiling water, allow to brew the broth, then add boric acid (4 g). Rinse your mouth during the day.
Another effective tool - crushedraw potatoes. Of it, applications are made on the affected areas (keep in your mouth about 5 minutes twice a day). After a week of such treatment, the illness usually comes to naught.
The main thing - do not run stomatitis, or even better - do not allow. It's quite simple: just do not forget about daily oral hygiene, regular visits to the dentist and other professionals.