Brief description of the drug "Erythromycin". Instructions for use.
Various harmful viruses and bacteria are capable ofenter the human body, causing inflammatory, infectious or viral diseases. Sometimes the organism can not cope with the disease itself, and it has to help with various medications, such as the antibiotic "Erythromycin". Instructions for use are enclosed in each box of the product. This allows the consumer to become familiar with some of the characteristics of the drug.
Erythromycin Medication Instructions for Usecharacterizes as an antibiotic, representing a group of macrolides, produced in tablets, in the form of a suspension or ointment. It has a rather strong bacteriostatic effect. The bactericidal effect is also more important for this agent. The mechanism of action of the drug "Erythromycin" instructions for use describes in sufficient detail. If to speak briefly and clearly, the drug simply does not allow bacteria to produce proteins, which are very important for their activity and vital activity. Without producing these proteins, bacteria can not reproduce and grow. Thus, the drug "Erythromycin" is not aimed at destroying bacteria, but at reducing their number, thereby simply helping the immune system to overcome the disease.
The antibiotic "Erythromycin"various diseases. This drug can be attributed to drugs with a wide range of effects. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes and ears, skin, as well as soft tissues, respiratory tract, genital organs. Thus, the drug "Erythromycin" indications for use are as follows:
- treatment and prevention of pertussis;
- scarlet fever;
- Legionnaires' disease;
- pediatric pneumonia;
- conjunctivitis in newborns;
- amoebic dysentery;
- chlamydia, which is not complicated, in adults (with inefficiency or intolerance of tetracyclines);
- primary syphilis;
- infections in the biliary tract (cholecystitis);
- infection by ENT organs;
- infection of the respiratory tract (bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia);
- infections of the eye mucosa;
- infections of soft tissues and skin (acne, decubitus, infected wounds, trophic ulcers, second and third degree burns);
- prevention of infection in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures (dental interventions, preoperative intestinal preparation, etc.).
People taking the drug "Erythromycin" inaccording to the doctor's instructions, rarely complain about side effects. However, they are still available for the drug "Erythromycin". The instruction for use lists the following possible unwanted effects:
- eosinophilia, allergic skin reactions, anaphylactic shock;
- copious bloody or watery diarrhea;
- abdominal pain, vomiting or nausea, tenesmus, dysbacteriosis, pancreatin, impaired liver function, cholestatic jaundice;
- the feces become discolored, the urine becomes darker;
- noises in the ears or hearing impairment.
Each person individually may experience some other side effects. If they are detected, stop taking the medication and contact your doctor.
Taking the medicine "Erythromycin", it is necessaryconsider some points. For example, this drug increases sensitivity to sunlight. Therefore, when using it, you should wear pants and sweaters with long sleeves, and on the exposed skin should apply sunscreen.
During treatment with the antibiotic "Erythromycin"should abandon alcoholic beverages, as they can cause and intensify the side effects of the drug. Also, you should stop breastfeeding during the treatment period. This is explained by the fact that the antibiotic is able to penetrate into the milk, and the baby will receive it along with the milk.