Thrush before menstruation: causes, symptoms and treatment
Thrush refers to the number of infectiousdiseases, so in fact, men suffer it no less than women. This pathology refers to common diseases in gynecology and is prone to chronic course. But here it becomes more acute among representatives of the beautiful half of humanity, while a strong sex can hardly feel its presence for years. We will understand what the thrush is before the monthly, the reasons for its appearance in this period will also be considered.
What is thrush?
Before considering, than treating thrushbefore monthly, we will define, what is this disease. A disease known in medicine as candidiasis is called a milkmaid, because if its "lucky owners" judge it by the discharge of curdled consistency with an unpleasant smell, then doctors are more important than its causative agent. In this case it is a fungus belonging to the genus Candida and living on the mucous membrane of the genital tract, hence its medical name.
As for the popular, so to speak, nickname of thisparasite, then its activity in the body leads to the appearance of white curdled or milky with the appearance of excretions, which, however, do not smell of milk at all and irritate the mucous membranes of the genital organs. But since this disease is extremely common around the world, both of its names are known well enough.
Thrush before menses: reasons
Naturally, the main reason for the development of candidiasisa woman or a man - is the infection of his pathogen, mycelium fungus of the genus Candida. By nature it does not belong to our microflora and is transmitted only from person to person, as it multiplies not by spores, but by mycelium (less resistant to survival in the natural environment by form).
The main way of its transmission is sexual. In this case, candidiasis is not only the genital tract, but also the oral cavity, since the structure of mucous tissues "here and there" is very similar, and Candida fungus freely passes to it in oral sex with an infected partner. It is adults who suffer from candidiasis of the oral cavity, often transmit it to children and friends when kissing.
Many women experience thrush beforemonth. The reasons for this are easy to explain. Despite the fact that the fungus of the genus Candida is an external parasite, which we always pick up from someone, it is later easily integrated into our healthy microflora. And if everything is in order with her, the acute symptoms of candidiasis, so clearly manifested immediately after infection, fade.
Inhibition of immunity
But with the appearance of violations by immunityor the rest of the microflora thrush usually returns, because it did not go anywhere, just died down for a while. The reasons for the suppression of immunity can be different, among them:
- taking antibiotics for some other disease;
- HIV infection;
- reception of immunosuppressants in connection with an allergy, after transplantation of donor organs, etc.
As for dysbacteriosis (shifts in the balance of microflora), it can be caused by:
- the same antibiotics taken topically (as an ointment / gel / candle, etc.) or orally (by mouth) due to any other infection, including ARI;
- superinfection - that is, a new infection "over" the old, the same or another pathogen. This temporarily removes the microflora from equilibrium;
- hormonal shift, etc.
Can there be thrush before menstruation?
Exacerbation of candidiasis in women and just beforeCritical days are mainly due to the last reason. Changes in the background of the fair sex are absolutely normal and are due to the fact that different stages of the cycle from ovulation to menstruation are provided by different hormones. And just because men have no natural fluctuations in the background, the thrush exacerbations are less pronounced in them, they happen much less often. We considered such a thing as thrush before menstruation. The reasons for its appearance are now clear.
Symptoms of thrush
Symptoms of chronic candidiasis differ fromacute stage only the brightness of the manifestations. In the rest they are exactly the same. When infecting the fungus of the genus Candida (as well as exacerbation of chronic infection), women are observed:
- non-abating, accruing to the night, pronounced itching in the vulva and vagina;
- abundant leucorrhoea, in which there are crumbly inclusions that resemble cottage cheese;
- The sour smell emanating from such secretions and underwear;
- in the acute stage of discharge, usually abundant, can acquire instead of whitish a yellowish or greenish hue (a sign of an impurity of pus);
- depending on the severity of the acute stage or exacerbation, as well as the severity of personal hygiene, reddening and edema of the vaginal walls, small and even large labia may be observed;
- with an upward spread of infection on the urethra, there are sometimes burning pain when urinating.
In acute stage in many patients the body temperature slightly increases. All these signs are very unpleasant. If constantly thrush before menstruation, how to live with it?
As a rule, chronic carrier of the fungus of the genusCandida does not affect the quality of sexual life. But in a number of cases, patients note the appearance of itching in the vagina after sexual intercourse, including during the remission of the disease. If acute candidiasis or exacerbation of its chronic form for some reason led to inflammation of the vaginal mucosa, before its disappearance, sex life becomes impossible. A woman suffers from burning during intercourse, hyperemic mucous easily injured and therefore can bleed. This is how the thrush manifests itself in women. Symptoms and treatment are often interrelated.
Treatment of thrush in acute form
Difference in the approach to acute or chronicCandidiasis is that in the first case, patients of both sexes still have a chance to completely get rid of the "uninvited guest". In the second case, the cure is unlikely, since the body's own immune defense almost does not react to the pathogen, and without it, the drugs are able to suppress the fungus from spreading to other organs and tissues.
Therefore, if we are infected for the first time, starttreatment follows with specialized and strong antibiotics. While we still have a chance for a complete cure, they need to take advantage. The fungus of the genus Candida is particularly sensitive to:
All these are synthetic antibiotics of the lattergeneration, and therefore, immunity to them in the causative agent of candidiasis yet. Of the lighter (at least for the liver and kidney) funds, you can try, perhaps, only nystatin - as part of an ointment or vaginal suppositories. However, this idea is good only if there are contraindications to powerful antibiotics (liver or kidney disease, pregnancy and lactation period, age up to 7 years). Humanity has been using nystatin for more than 30 years, and one can not doubt that the fungus developed a habit of it in the body of the previous carrier, and even earlier.
In addition, it is not too rational to usedrugs of a wide spectrum or on the basis of other antibiotics (for example, amoxicillin). The fact that fungi - pathogens are very specific, sensitive not to everything that we "slip". But in the vagina, in addition to the causative agent of candidiasis, there is also a useful microflora. This antibiotic can arrange an excellent "weeding". Microflora, alas, we will later be very short.
Treatment of chronic thrush
If for many years before the monthlythe thrush appears, it speaks about the chronic course of the disease. But this case, on the contrary, is almost ideal for treatment with folk remedies, since it is unlikely to get rid of it completely - the maximum will be to quash the exacerbation that has arisen.
1. A solution of borax in glycerin at a concentration of 5% has been used for a long time and successfully, including in scientific medicine. In the presence of complications or too bright symptoms, the amount of borax can be increased to 10%. Use the solution 2-3 times a day by lubricating the walls of the vagina and vulva at the entire interval between the large labia. After 15 minutes rinse with warm water.
2. There is another purely medical, but very effective tool with almost no side effects, not affecting the work of other organs of the body. This is a weak (slightly pinkish) solution of manganese in warm drinking water. Douche and wash in the period of exacerbation is better only for them, do it at least 3 times a day.
3. In nature, the properties of antibiotics have only moderately toxic (due to the high content of tannins) plants - celandine, lilac color, oak bark, calendula officinalis, sage and St. John's Wort. To prepare an excellent local antiseptic, take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry grass of any of these plants (they can be combined, composing fees to your liking), put in enameled dishes, pour 300 ml of cold water. Then mix everything, put on a stove and bring to a boil over medium heat. When it boils, reduce the heat to a minimum, cover the broth with a lid, leave to languish for 10 minutes. After this, remove from heat and allow to cool, without straining or removing the lid. Then strain, generously soak in it cotton wool, wrapped in gauze in the form of a tampon, and insert, almost without pressing, into the vagina. The agent should be left for 15-20 minutes, then remove the tampon. Douche after this no need. The procedure should be carried out 3-4 times a day, use a decoction in a warm form. The course of treatment lasts until the symptoms disappear, but not more than 2 weeks in a row.
It should be remembered that any decoctions, infusions andplant tinctures are contraindicated in allergies, even if it concerns very different irritants. Otherwise, the local use of toxic or completely safe herbs is allowed even during pregnancy and lactation. We answered the question, why before the monthly thrush arises, figured out how to treat it, we will dwell in more detail on prevention.
Prevention of thrush
Like all sexual diseases (although it is notquite a disease), infection with candidiasis is easiest to prevent those who prefer safe sex and rarely changes sexual partners. In addition, it must be remembered that if the infection has already occurred, it is useless to treat only one of the partners, even if the second partner does not yet experience its symptoms or is hypothetically healthy (from the moment of infection there was not a single sexual intercourse). In such cases, both partners should be treated, because the second is necessary for the prevention. Although most often thrush in women. Symptoms and treatment are closely related, and this must be taken into account.